Volunteer Youth Worker
Young Leaders Volunteer Position
Are you interested in developing a career in working with young people? Do you want to development further teamwork, communication, leadership as well as planning skills? Do you enjoy working with and helping young people and contributing to their social, emotional physical and mental wellbeing?
If so, The SWAN Youth Project’s Young Leaders Volunteer Position is just for you. The SWAN Youth Project is passionate about reopening its doors, post COVID19, to the young people within the community and enable them to enjoy activities and experiences in a safe environment. To enable us to offer this service, we are looking for committed and reliable volunteers who will:
- Assist in the running of the youth programme
- Communicate with the youth co-ordinator and other volunteers about daily programme activities
- Supervise young people and ensure general health & safety and rules of conduct
- Build a rapport with young people, engage with them
- To facilitate and participate in games, activities and discussions with young people
- To assist with necessary programme set-up and clean-up
If you feel you have the time, passion and commitment to help us deliver this service, please send a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting why you would be a suitable candidate for the Voluntary Programme. Please ensure you state what weekdays you are available between 3pm to 6pm and number of hours you can dedicate to the programme.
This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check or Basic Disclosure. You must therefore ensure that any relevant criminal record check application is completed and returned as requested by The SWAN Youth Project, as this is a requirement of The SWAN Youth Project. In addition, you consent to allow The SWAN Youth Project to retain a copy of the disclosure certificate within your personnel file.
THE SWAN YOUTH PROJECT NEEDS YOU!